1. First thing first, we need to confirm a date and a rough figure how many person to join this trip.
The amount of person is essential, as it will decide what kind to trip we will get. If's too few, we might as well just do a simple back pack, the problem is, is it to Cambodia we really need a travel guide? It's kinda costly since the amount paid for the guide are only divided to few persons. If we travel in a group, I think that we might not have any problems.
2. Places to visit
Here I would like to publish some Cambodia tourism hot spot, so we can know something before we go.
2.1. Angkor Wat (13°24′45″N 103°52′0″E)
- Prime Attraction for visitors (source: Wikipedia), that's why Angkor Wat appear at Cambodia's flag.
- Built by King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city (source: Wikipedia)
- Angkor Wat lies 5.5 kilometres (3.4 mi) north of the modern town of Siem Reap (source: Wikipedia)
2.2. Angkor Thom
- The city lies on the right bank of the Siem Reap River, a tributary of Tonle Sap, about a quarter of a mile from the river. The south gate of Angkor Thom is 7.2 km north of Siem Reap, and 1.7 km north of the entrance to Angkor Wat. (source: Wikipedia)
- Most enduring capital city of the Khmer empire. (source: Wikipedia)
- At the centre of the city is Jayavarman's state temple, the Bayon, with the other major sites clustered around the Victory Square immediately to the north. (source: Wikipedia)
- Lolei was located on an island slightly north of centre in the now dry Indratataka baray (baray = reservoir) (source: Wikipedia)
- Lolei consists of four brick temple towers grouped together on a terrace. The king (Yasovarman I) build Lolei for his ancestors (grandparents and parents). Front two are for the males, back two towers are for females. Two taller towers for grandparents and the other towers are for parents (source: Wikipedia)
2.4. Preah Ko
Preah Ko consists of six brick towers arranged in two rows of three towers each perched on a sandstone platform. The towers face east, and the front central tower is the tallest. The sanctuaries are dedicated to three divinized forefathers of Indravarman and their respective wives. The front central tower is dedicated to Jayavarman II, the founder of the Khmer empire. The tower to the left is dedicated to Prithivindreshvara, King Indravarman's father; the tower to the right to Rudreshvara, his grandfather. The three rear towers are dedicated to the wives of these three men. The central towers all bear images of the Hindu god Shiva. (source: Wikipedia)
- The first temple mountain of sandstone at Angkor.
3. Cambodia info
Travel Wiki: http://wikitravel.org/en/Cambodia#b
- Flight Total Fares
1. MAS - around RM414 bothways without tax (price for flight until date 17Feb2013)
2. Air Asia - all in around RM435 (price for light for this year, next year?)
Air Asia Price Check website http://www.airasiachart.net/
- Tour Guide:
- 6 days package:
- Malaysian do not need a Visa to enter Cambodia (duration: 30days or less) (http://www.projectvisa.com/visainformation/Cambodia, http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/requirement-for-foreigner?p_p_id=infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=118_INSTANCE_L2uz_column-1&p_p_col_count=2&_infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231_struts_action=%2Finfovisarequirementforeigner%2Fvisarequirementforeigner_action&_infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231_CMD=detail&_infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231_recId=328)
- Climate Cambodia has four seasons:
1. Nov-Feb, cool/dry
2. Mar-May, hot/dry
3. Jun-Aug, hot/wet
4. Sep-Oct, cool/wet
Time GMT+7 hours
- Voltage 220v/50Hz
- USD to Ringgit converter: http://themoneyconverter.com/USD/MYR.aspx